Hiroshima-Nagasaki, August 1945
Hiroshima-Nagasaki, August 1945
- Barnouw, Erik, 1908-2001; Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.). Circulating Film Library; International Film Seminars (Firm); Columbia University. Press. Center for Mass Communication
- Publication date
- 16mm Film, Educational Film, World War (1939-1945), Political violence in mass media, World War, 1939-1945, Atomic bomb, Political violence, Photojournalism, Motion pictures, World War II (1939-1945), Twentieth century history (1900-1999), Asia, History, History, World War II (1939-1945), Twentieth century history (1900-1999), Asia
- Museum of Modern Art Film Library 11 West 53rd St New York NY 10019 USA (212)708-9500
- Digitizing sponsor
- Internet Archive
- Internet Archive
Harvard Film Archive, projection print somewhat scratched, HFA Item no: 9675. From The Amos Vogel Annenberg School of Communications Collection
Running time on release was 16 minutes, Cf. OCLC website July 13th, 2009
Shows the destruction brought to Hiroshima and Nagasaki by two atomic bombs in August, 1945. Uses original footage.
- So. Whose. At seven seconds after the fifteenth. And the clear bright morning of August sixth one thousand forty five minute telephone was caught in the pilots of the United States Air Force is five hundred million the size of the city from something like this. Below. The bottom with nine thousand pounds was this pope is twelve and a half thousand tons of T.N.T. The bomb exploded within one hundred feet of the talks failed always eighteen thousand feet across the temperature at the center of the fireball was his high surface of the sun near the center. People became nothing near the center there was no sound. The light from the ball place quieter than any right thanks heat of cattle innocent eyes turned up to the bomb milk within nine seconds one hundred thousand people were killed or do and one hundred thousand more injured within ninety seconds this because I ask old and still burn like paper. Amid a group black with smoke and dust over the city there's a cloud of smoke forty thousand feet high two hours later cops and black me. Again to for. I remember. I remember. At the. Very strong. I never ceases. I don't know why this happened. Together. But I could not find her. Oh. It's not going to. Let me run I just. Couldn't. Read. Gray. And. Then. Come up. I never miss a turtle. I think. It is not. No no I read things like dust and smoke. We're going to the river. I wrote. Then you can grow. A good. Goal. For his car. Because so many ghosts cried Oh corny. So many. Life in the bank it's an uncanny feeling into word in edge dentist and. Leave flowers and then disappeared but the shadows for me. For a. Fit for when. You see my med day there is no panic only gas is still is the pride of deaf people moved slowly along the road like ghosts covered with dust and there. Is still dead as they walk. By the river people lay bleeding from their faces or heads and died without leaving people trapped under fallen houses called patiently meekly help if I may ask. Here see my net day after doctors were killed. At the hospital. Between three and ten thousand people came each day for health and each day two thousand of them died. They were buried together because they were too many today separately. Oh. People lived in the hospital they had no other place to go. This interview regime there was a reddish brown scar four miles square between foreign buildings like crumpled bicycles and kills a street car. Altered in midmost and piles of rubble in a children placed and written sorry. Sister Where are you. Is Hiroshima no one knew what had happened. Almost no one had a Japanese radio and know that the city had suffered some damage and what was believed to be a new type of bar and details were being investigated. Still the war continues. Three days later in August million nine hundred forty five. Summer morning right in the when the two minutes at eleven o'clock. Another atomic bomb was crap and maggots sacking. Descent lasted forty seconds. The bomb exploded several miles from the turned. This into instant fifty thousand people die. Here the center there was no sir. If you were coming cathedral stood six hundred yards from the bombs didn't hear statues turn black. The Earth's needs to be factory stood nine hundred yards from the center. Here sixty two hundred men were killed or injured. The Medical College did six hundred yards from the center. One hundred ninety eight faculty and students died two hundred thirty eight were injured. In August back to find it in trees to three hundred yards from the center. One hundred forty prisoners died in a sound. Good if the yard from the Center. For most of the children died. A Saturday down. For the six hundred fifty yards from the center of trolley cars blew up their tracks. As injuries began to scream and then the cars ignited and during. Voir. Dire fit that same instant run to the skin of some women were burned. Patterns from their Ki-Moon. On the eighth day after the Bali and here he met and a day at a bombing in ninety seconds. The war between Japan and the United States. Indeed it was August fourteenth and the twelfth day that had not healed began to open wider and on the fourteenth day as they stand before the mirror women saw the hair come out in a handful in their car. Hospital filled with patients who had not seen sick before it was our many leading from the guns and purple spots appeared on their skin. Some could not be touched because their skin slipped off and he would love like pieces. At first they were quarantined. Considered a victim to the mysterious infectious disease. Gradually it was understood that the disease was radiation sickness and these people the special victims of the atomic. Bomb. And by the twentieth day after the bad education began to grow wildly in the wreckage of the city. I'm tried remnants of plants lush green weeds and rials flowers spring again madly in extraordinary were generated stimulated by atomic wady. And as people died of radiation sickness. It is were blanketed with flowers for. The the the the. The of the. Right. Side up. One of the inventors of the by the world without being. A description of the game. The players. Do is to say. That within nine hundred forty five Imagine twenty five hundred of those atomic bombs exploding in one place at one time with a forest of thirty one million tons. A day. The Nuclear weapons are being tested as powerful as the. It.
- Run time
- Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.0
- Lasergraphics ScanStation
- Worldcat (source edition)
Subject: Re: The Year
Subject: The Year
Subject: must see ...
and remember it's as relevant today.
Uploaded by MichelleK on